Thursday, May 15, 2014

Welcome (Back) Home

This morning she comes into the bathroom and says "I want to wash my hands," proceeds to turn on the faucet, stares at me intently until I figure out she's waiting for the soap, and then scrubs them together into a full lather of ritual cleanliness. A year ago this would have been unconceivable. 

This afternoon, he sits cross legged, spine fully erect, all on his own. He remains balanced, in this seated position, for at least 20 seconds before tumbling over on a diagonal backwards angle that I'm fully prepared to intervene on lest he hit his head on the hardwood floor. A month ago this would have been unconceivable. 


This evening, I feel my period returning. Belly perturbed and swollen. Insides intense and yearning. A slightly psychic glow colors everything as Her power, yet again, takes over everything. She has been gone more than present in the last three years as two pregnancies and two rounds of breastfeeding have kept her back from flow. It's good that she is here once more carrying collectivity, inspiration and fusion in her purifying reign. I'm glimpsing continually, but anew, just how forceful she has been and continues to be with/in me. Happy host. Welcome home/guest/traveler. Generations ago this would have been unconceivable. 

No comments: