Saturday, August 11, 2007

An Interesting Discussion of Anger & War

Hey: I wrote a section synopsis/commentary on "Multitude," which is featured on the SEW Sow Peace site. It has started an interesting discussion about the intersection of anger & healing in both the personal and political arenas. All you on the spiritual & activist path should check it out and give us your thoughts--especially those of you working in social service.

http://sewpeace.wordpress.com/multitude/

The more time I spend on the planet the more aware I become that the wars "out there" look strinkingly similar to the wars I experience "in here." As I protest one, I reinforce the other. As I criminalize one, I justify the other. This work, the work of cleaning house, accepting responsibility and letting go of the need to be right...is the hardest work of all. I need all the patience, forgiveness and nurture I can get from every person I encounter in this work. I assume y'all might need the same. That's what I'm trying to cultivate today: a never-ending supply of agape for us all. Dear God, may it be so.

No comments: