Friday, August 10, 2007

The Consequences and Trade Offs of Panentheism

Oh to look back and see something other than stupidity.
Let me say this: I am humbled, today, by memories of and present moments with
my inability to be the things my mind can imagine but my person cannot always accomplish: grace, forgiveness, nurture, honesty, peace.
I wish I still believed in God in a way that would set me free of regret. Perhaps days like these and feelings like this help people construct the idea of an all powerful savior who cleanses his followers of their sins and makes them whiter than snow. Unfortunately I don't buy it. Therefore I get to sit with yucky feelings. The trade off is that when something terrible happens or something unbelievably beautiful happens, I cannot claim it was solely my or God's fault.
All in it together now. Aren't we?

No comments: