Sunday, September 12, 2010

Frost & Ryberg

Okay, so you know how that Frost poem talks about the road less traveled by making all the difference? With all due respect to one of the finest American poets of all time, I think that poem reflects the 'values' of rugged individualism at the heart of white-male escapist psuedo-spirituality. So I'd like to propose something Other (hee hee, pun). For me, colleagues make all the difference. And I have a new one. His name is Thomas Ryberg. This is his precious mug by the candle light next to yours truly. He makes music and makes sacred the materiality around him, no matter the form. He's been lighting up my life and the folks at Battle Creek this summer. I'm grateful. I'm hopeful for continued collaboration on these winding roads, those we choose and those we don't. May it be so.

1 comment:

Tom R said...

I just read this, and you are very sweet. :) Thankss!!!! So very excited to officially join the team this week!