Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Meeting Molly Bolt at Age 28

Due to the glorious fact that James gave me a large number of his books before moving to Portland, I have more critical race theory and GLBTQ resources in my library. Praise be to G-d. One of the books that he gave to me is "Rubyfruit Jungle" by Rita Mae Brown. I just finished reading it, cover to cover, in less than 24 hours. Yes, I am unemployed and have more time to read than usual. However, it's good enough for the average employed person to do some necessary task re-assigning in order to plow through the pages with ferocity. I could go into all kinds of author crediting and content acclaiming but I figure that most folks who check in with my blog have already read "Rubyfruit Jungle" and therefore already know the noise that need be known. Instead I'd like to profess how deeply sad I am that it took 28 years for this book to find my hands, eyes, mind and heart. All these years my skepticism of gender conformity and the tyranny of monogamy have been met with shaming response. I cannot imagine how different my life would be today if Molly Bolt had been the protagonist par excellance of my life instead of Juliet Capulet or Huck Finn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good day ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that singular make. The prices as regards the shoes were all over 320 dollars everwhere. But completely I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices seeking the boots are approximately 320 bucks on every site. But completely I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for that particular brand. The prices as regards the sneakers are approximately 350 bucks on every page. But for all I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

I think it is going to be some bring old article, but it really compensated for my time. I will postedthe trackback to the article on my blog. I am sure ours visitors will thought this very useful