Saturday, May 3, 2008

General Know Noise Tidbits

1. The Celtics should win the NBA Playoffs based on talent alone. However, I am and always will be pulling for the Lakers. If either team wins, I will be happy.

2. Cal Tjader's "Soul Sauce." Get it. Listen and dance to it. Thanks to Ms. Marjorie Wilkes for putting me on. Hotness, for real.

3. Everyone, absolutely everyone, should read Stephen Moore's chapter in God's Gym entitled "Resurrection: Horrible Pain, Glorious Gain." Never before has any author explored the interface(s) of hypermasculinity, non-reflexive biblical exegesis, theology, and the religious/cultural production of the (fictitious) impenetrable male with such precision, depth, and self-effacing humor. Scholarship and satire at their finest.

4. I graduate in 22 days!!!
Can I get a virtual reality high 5?
Seriously...does anyone read my blog?? I get no fucking comments (except for the occasional drop from the Brethren Priestess: good look Audrey). What's the deal??

4 comments:

.jrich. said...

i can't say that i'm the most
a. punctual
b. predictable
or
c. frequent
in my relationship with your blog. but i do read it :)
just so you know.

lizajane said...

I'm reading, and always enjoy to. Fyi.

lindseyann said...

I am definitely a reader of Know Noise--I love it. And I'm sending you some major virtual high-fives (albeit jealous ones) about your upcoming graduation.

I really do hope you and Lynn start that seminary I dreamed about... :-)

Unknown said...

oh thank goddess!
a girl has to throw life lines out there every once and a while, ya know?
i have to say: my reader base aint that bad...especially considering the perpetual reading cluster from North Carolina. good look!