Saturday, November 10, 2007

4 Proclamations

A couple things I feel like proclaiming to the world right now:

1. Rain began to fall from the sky around 2pm. I was tapping my keyboard, writing a paper for Professor Mary Tolbert, and looked out the window right in time to see the pavement slowly change color as it got drenched. Holy moment.

2. I am obsessed with a song on Bruce Springsteen's new album Magic. The song is actually a hidden track after "Devils' Arcade." This song strangely captures my theology (in a nutshell). Perhaps Christianity's greatest historical gift is this lesson: a person can be remembered. She broke the mold with that brother, in-deed.
***Other artists in season/on my playlist right now: Thelonius Monk, Astor Piazzolla, Alicia Keys, Anonymous 4, Beethoven, Coldplay, Yann Tiersen (as always), Common and Norah Jones.

3. Wade has been gone for 3 months because he is doing a CPE internship in Palo Alto. When he drinks lattes, he text messages (is that a verb now?) me to tell me about it. When I imagine him kneeling before his patients/clients/friends at the VA, in the way he kneeled before me during a foot washing ritual 2 years ago, I thank God. This is how friendship is done.

4. Bodies first. Bodies matter.

No comments: