Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Glory

General Commentary on Things

I would just like to say, during this brief pause between classes on the hump-est of hump days, that my Hermeneutics course with Marion Grau kicks ass. I've never been so comfortable and humbled in the face of my own ignorance as I am at CDSP on Wednesday mornings. My student colleagues bring the heat, and Dr. Grau is...well, see my title. The entire thing is a beautiful collision course.

Secondly, the clouds in the sky @ 6:45pm on Tuesday October 9th, 2007 were beyond belief. I just happened to be driving over the Bay Bridge at a time when I could see them--in all their multi-colored/multi-shaped bliss--descending over the canvas-like skyline of hills, houses & water, which confirmed for me yet again that the industrial spread has NOTHING on the spontaneity of nature. And yet the confirmation was only possible via contrast. Agh yes, the spaces in-between the in-between places...

Lastly: I love my mother and all the ways she shows up in the arrival of autumn. If you don't know her, you should. So proud to be her product. Read that theologically and (somehow) not...

No comments: